Energy bills have doubled in less than 7 years and they are only going to increase. We now import most of our gas, and we need to dramatically reduce our carbon emissions to have any chance of preventing the worst effects of climate change.
Our aim by 2020 is to:
- start to become self-sufficient in energy
- reduce carbon emissions from homes, schools and businesses by 40%
- set up renewable community energy schemes across the town
- make buildings more energy efficient so they use less energy
- have a thriving green economy
Further details will appear on this page when projects become ‘live’. Meanwhile if you have any ideas on how this should happen please use the ‘Get Involved’ button. You may also want to visit the Council’s web site that shows how you can save money on your bills and grants that are available.